Friday, December 25, 2015

2016 Comin' In Hot




What's your New Year's Resolution for this coming year?

Or do you have several New Year's Resolutions?

Or maybe you are one of those people that have your life together and don't set resolutions....

"If I want to make a change in my life, I don't need to wait until a specific date to start, I just make a change."


That's called not having fun. 

To have fun, every once in a while you should....make food choices poor enough to cause mild depression....don't workout for 1 to 15 days in a row....refuse to be responsible with your decision making....wonder how you're going to climb out of the bottomless pit of misery you were Sparta-Kicked into....decide that your best bet is to wait for a specific future date to get things back on track, and in the meantime continue to let loose and be careless. When things are going this bad, you can't just up and stop on the spot....you need time to prepare for the abrupt lifestyle changes that are creepin' up.

I'm the master of getting it back together on Monday. Most weekends I end up abusing my diet to the point that I refuse to do anything more than go from the bed to the couch. When Monday comes around, it's time to once again slap myself in the face with the consumption of bland food and the attempt to train the same way I did last week. It's always a struggle but the pattern always continues.

I prefer to make resolutions on this micro level, but for those of you choosing a macro-based approach, what better time of year to put a good plan into action than New Year's Day (forgot about new year's day parties) January 2nd? It is the ultimate reset button. The day of the year literally starts back at 1 and to me, it seems perfectly acceptable to associate new habits with the brand new year....just like I do with each new week. 

As long as we balance out the periods of gluttony and inactivity, with periods of disciplined eating and hard work in the gym, you and I will both be fine and happy. 

Are you on the weekly or annual plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment