Sunday, January 10, 2016

Matador




While at the refrigerator each morning and night, I am charged by 2 angry horned beasts. Out-numbered and without a red flag, my only protection is the red solo cup I intend to fill with water. The sound of the ice dispenser kicking on is their signal to begin the bum rush. Within seconds, the cats skate to my feet wanting a piece of the pie. I push the lever to release the prize. Once the avalanche of ice cascades to the floor, they kick the cubes across the kitchen to underneath the table. The legs of the dining room furniture create a life-sized pinball machine. After a minute of swatting, the game is over and won when they begin licking the half melted ice cubes. 

I heard (somewhere) that ice is bad for cats. I don't know whether or not this is actually true, but if it is, don’t be upset with me. Refer to my profile and remember that my posts are based on experience and not science. My experience is that these cats enjoy getting their ice.

I am not going to over analyze whether or not I should give them a cold one. That is a waste of time. Over analyzing saps happiness and leads to un-productivity. 

Are you guilty of over analyzing your decisions? 

If you're browsing on nike.com and you can't stop clicking back to the newest Nike Free’s, ignore the $150 price tag and click “buy”. Otherwise you’ll be back online to buy them next week anyway.

If it’s only Tuesday, the second day of your new diet, and the only way you see yourself getting through the day is by hitting the Pizza Ranch buffet at 6:30pm, then go. Otherwise you’ll find yourself waiting in line for cheese sticks Wednesday night.

If you enjoy a double shot of black-market Jack3d to power your training sessions, go ahead and have 3 scoops. Otherwise you’ll have a s****y workout.

If you can’t go to sleep without watching TV, watch it. Otherwise you’ll still be awake at 1am, pissed off, and decide to turn on Bravo anyway.

If you're considering buying $100 worth of tickets for the $1.3 billion winning jackpot, buy them. Even though you won’t win, imagine the excitement the wishful thinking will provide.

Is the price really worth it? 
Should I really sabotage my diet? 
Should I cut back on my caffeine intake? 
Should I watch less TV at night? 
How likely am I to ever win the Lottery? 

While these are responsible questions to ask, the correct answer is usually not the one you want to hear. But going with the answer you do want to hear won’t kill you, and what it will do is satisfy an urge. You can deal with the (not so horrible) repercussions later. Spend less time analyzing what you should do and do what you want to do instead. You'll be happier.


Should I quit giving my sharp-eared cats ice? Hell no. They like it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree to an extent. Maybe that's because I am responsible for managing the bank accounts...

    ReplyDelete